Summary of findings
Answering questions on malaria drug delivery
Download and read the booklet summarising the findings of the ACT Consortium research between 2007 and 2015:
The booklet provides evidence on access, targeting, safety and quality of artemisinin-based combination treatment (ACTs), answering the following questions:
- Where do patients seek care?
- What influences the uptake of rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs)?
- Do health providers prescribe according to RDT results?
- What are the effects of RDTs on patients and the health care system?
- What else happens when RDTs are introduced?
- How can we improve the management of patients with fever in all health care sectors?
- If it's not malaria, what is it?
- How safe are ACTs in "real-world" use?
- How safe are ACTs in vulnerable populations?
- What is the quality of ACTs in the market?
- What did we learn from developing our projects?
Also available in Portuguese and French: